View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 06:40 AM   #151
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
*ahem*

As far as I can see, B&N does NOT sell e-books to Canadian addresses. So, it might be "fun" to find a trick bypass the "US only" restrictions B&N applies to the Nook, the next step -- buying books -- requires a similar trick: ongoing use of a US resident credit card.

And, isn't B&N the company which requires you to provide a credit card number as part of the unlocking DRM code?

Until B&N is willing to sell the device and e-books outside the US, it's really best to give them a pass if you are a full-time resident outside of the US. And wait until another provider offers wifi on an e-reader if that is such a tasty addition.

SP
In Toronto
Kobo books work on a Nook. And usually what I do is buy from other sources that sell non DRM ebooks like in HTML or PDF and convert to epub. So far I haven't bought a single book from Kobo.

Also 95% of what I have on my Kobo is personal documents that I want to be able to read when at the hospital to make notes on then change when I get home on my computer.
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote