View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 03:23 PM   #9
bookman156
Addict
bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
So an XHTML document that is not 'well-formed' can still validate?

For instance, in my original EPUB which I received from the publisher there is anchor code like this:

<a id="page_121"/>

which validates at W3C but which I've just noticed Sigil has automatically changed to:

<a id="page_121"></a>

I didn't realise that Sigil makes changes to the EPUB that I haven't specifically made, but I guess this is because it is making it 'well-formed'? Interesting.

Yet the XML validator (http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_validator.asp) says that the first type of anchor is correct too. So not sure why Sigil is changing this...

Last edited by bookman156; 03-20-2016 at 03:45 PM. Reason: correction
bookman156 is offline   Reply With Quote