View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 08:51 PM   #29
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Basic Help needed

Just downloaded Calibre today (10-27-08) but I can't figure out how to do what I want to do. It installed just fine, and I have put the ebook in question in the library.

I use Vista.
My file is a non-DRM mobi book which I wish to convert to text in some manner. The threads I've researched said that I could use mobi2oeb to convert to HTML and then I can save as text. That is perfect for me. I don't care about meta data, I just need the text.

My problem is: I can't figure out how to use mobi2oeb. Did it download with Calibre? Do I need to get it somewhere else? And, when I have it, how do I use it? Is it a command that I need to go to C:/ or is there a field in Calibre I type it in? What is the syntax?

My apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find it. I've search on the Calibre forum, I read the FAQ, I've started reading the user's manual, which has a blank page on the ebook conversion page.

Can you steer me in the right direction?

Thanks,

AJ Starr

FYI: I will use the text in my TTS software to make an electronic audio recording. My eyesight is going and I prefer to listen to my books. Unfortunately, the older books do not have audio versions out there.