Thread: MobileRead June 2013 Book Club Nominations
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #46
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
To me, part of the bookclub is about learning about the scope of written work in the world so I'm going to throw my third nomination away to that end on this one.

]The Mythopoeic Award is awarded for outstanding works in the fields of myth, fantasy, and the scholarly study of these areas.

I'm nominating The Orphan's Tales: In the Night Garden by Catherynne M. Valente. It's the first of two books. It's long, over 600 pages. It's not the easiest read. But if you love myth and folklore and aren't afraid of phrases that aren't easily digested then you would probably enjoy this book. It was one of my favourite books I read in 2011.

The two books one the award in 2008.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote