View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #15
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
[edit] As a matter of curiosity, the 1000 book limitation... is that a Marvin limitation, or a limit that Dropbox enforced in the API?
I think Kris mentioned in the Marvin thread it was a Dropbox limit.

As to space issues, when it comes to old books, I prefer reading them in photographed PDF editions, and those can be extremely hungry in terms of megabytes. I'd prefer to read all books in EPUB in Marvin only, but I hate modernized editions, and modern EPUB editions of old classics tend to be sloppy. My no. 1 favourite writer is probably Leo Tolstoy, and his literary output was prodigious (dozens of volumes), so the Count on his own can devour a couple of PDF gigabytes of your quota. But, nothing beats reading Anna Karenina (or should I say Анна Каренина) exactly in the same 19th century original Russian edition as it appeared to a reader who purchased it during Tolstoy's lifetime. I wish there was reliable OCR software that could convert old editions into high-quality EPUBs without too much hassle, but even the best current OCR software, which I think is FineReader, is struggling with this.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote