View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #30
jeffdonnelly
jeffdonnelly began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue/Haoqing Meebook P78 Pro
With regard to Kobo Glo and Calibre....

It'd be really useful to find out if Calibre can handle Collection Management or whatever is the equivalent of Collections on the Kobo readers....

....not to mention that it'd be good to know for the Kobo Glo how things work with "collections" when the books are on the memory card (heard of major issues on this w/ Nook and organization of books on memory card being lost upon restarting the device).

I know that there's quite a few folks who have a large collection of ebooks in a Calibre database, use Calibre to manage the organization of books on their device, and really don't want to jailbreak the device to enable the organizational abilities of Calibre with that device.

Since it's my understanding that Calibre won't natively interact w/ Kindles with regard to Collections since the intro of the Kindle Touch without jail breaking, the ability of the Kobo Glo to easily be organized via Calibre is really of interest to me.

I have spoken w/ Amazon Kindle Support regarding the Paperwhite and Calibre essentially being locked out of organizational capabilities....their response was to tell me how much they care about the user experience, but....blah, blah, blah....they know nothing about it and will will pass the request upstairs...been about a week and nothing else heard about it.

Also contacted Kobo in regard to same issue regarding the Glo....and did tell them that this was a pre-sales question, and the this particular functionality will have a big impact on the purchase decision....they were nice, but didn't have any info yet on the new Glo, as it had just come out....

We'll see, i guess.

Any info welcome, thanks.

JEff
jeffdonnelly is offline   Reply With Quote