View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 07:12 AM   #25
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Kobo has stated that the Touch, the Mini and the Glo will share firmware. So, we can already answer most of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fel View Post
Please could you add following review issues:

- which web browser is installed? Can another browser be installed and used?
whatsmyuseragent.com reports

Code:
Mozilla/5.0(Linux; U; Android2.0; en-us;) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 (Kobo Touch)
I interpret that as "Safari", but I haven't been reading user agents for a while.

It can't be replaced.
Quote:
- vertical scrolling in long web pages, i.e. mobile optimized sites of newspapers. We do not have hardware buttons in Glo! and scrolling down by touch doesn't work prorely - low refresh rate of eInk! I'm happy to have hardware buttons in the built-in browser on Sony T1, one push = one page. The quesion is how does Glo scroll in web? Soft buttons in browser, double touch or some other gestures, shaking?
Drag you finger over the page to scroll it. As you said, the refresh rate of e-ink is bad, so it doesn't look good as it scrolls, but it does work.
Quote:
- zooming/increasing of font sizes in web browser? Soft buttons, menu?
Quote:
Across the bottom of the screen is a slider. Drag the button that is on this left or right to zoom in or out.
- how comfortable is reading of wide web pages, for example this forum. Can a topic be re-rendered to see only messages, without authors on right side? I mean scroll to left show authors, of course. On Android it's very easy, on iOS- is a pain.
Surprising good actually. I could drag the view-port around to see all sections of the page. I put the authors off the left edge and just dragged the main section up and down

The browser works fairly well. The limitations are the screen and the low end CPU. I'm not going to use it for my daily browser, but I have used it in the past to download a few books. The experience on the Glo should be better as it has a faster CPU and higher resolution screen.

Now that I have finished hijacking the thread, my apologies to 9littlebees, I'll return you to the regular programming...
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote