View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #155
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCCPhreak View Post
I've tried a wall-charger and two different PCs. The yellow LED is lit.
I can charge my other kindle with the same cable.
Still, I'll try a different USB cable once I'm at home and the Kindle hasn't charged but (yes, this sounds like "the glass is half empty") I don't believe it will make a difference.
Still thanks for your advice.

Regards,

TCC
You cannot trust the LED color to indicate battery condition on a bricked kindle. The firmware controls the battery charging, so on erased mmc or other serious bricking situation, it may have charging difficulties.

That is why I recommend in other threads to use a wall charger just to get it charged enough so you can use fastboot mode and charge from there. Just because your serial port shows that it WANTS to boot to fastboot mode (the "override") does not mean that it CAN boot to fastboot mode if the firmware in mmc does not contain the fastboot code.

The only way to fix it using tools available here and now is by using the serial port, until somebody figures out how to flash the mmc using MfgTool.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote