View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
dare
dare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Boyue Likebook Mars
Unhappy How do I do a full dump / image? [SOLVED]

Hi there
After being a silent reader (pun not intended...) for some time here I managed to do the root and install the market without problems. I still have trouble with Link2SD and would like to investigate further.

The problem is - just to let you know, my question follows - that Link2SD upon installation is not able to create the mount script, telling me "file system full". And indeed this is the same error message I keep getting when trying to create a file in /system/etc through the terminal (with echo as there is no touch) after Link2SD has been installed. Root Explorer silently fails on this task, though funnily it is able to rename a file thereabouts. Deinstalling Link2SD, chmodding or chowing the directory did not help.

After having restored and re-rooted the T1 for three times now (each time diligently deleting files to have the space for GoogleServicesFramework and the market, setting up a decent keyboard layout and so on) I still have not given up the hope to get Link2SD running - but I start to get fed up with setting everything up before trying another approach and still running into trouble, having to start over again.

So - as I do take it that it does not work with ebook_msc any more and I never got ADB working, is there any at least partly painless way to do a full dump of the setup (that would basically be the internal memory without the internal sd?) which restores easily? CWM Root Manager does not like the T1, Titanium Backup (which I have not bought yet) seems not to be that much targeted at a full image.
Any help appreciated!

Last edited by dare; 01-26-2012 at 07:57 AM. Reason: [SOLVED] added
dare is offline   Reply With Quote