View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 07:02 PM   #15
msundman
Zealot
msundman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.msundman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.msundman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: FBReader on Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Hmm. Faster, huh? That would be good. I wonder if the screen will flash the way it does now when it redraws. Since they're just changing the display controller I would assume the answer is yes. That would be interesting to see but not necessarily pleasant.
The flashing is to prevent ghosting in the display (and I'm sure it's the controller that does it, not the actual display), so it'll stay until eink creates better displays (although it might be optimized so that not the whole screen flashes, just the changing parts).

However, one thing that advanced low level functions should be able to support is to provide non-flashing, local drawing when ghosting isn't so important. E.g., who cares if the menus are a bit ghosted if they are 3 times faster that way? The same should go for other small, momentary stuff, such as pointers, scribblings, highlights, etc. That way you could still have it be somewhat responsive even if the anti-ghosted fullscreen refreshes are awfully slow.

Last edited by msundman; 04-15-2008 at 07:04 PM. Reason: clarification
msundman is offline   Reply With Quote