View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 10:56 AM   #58
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by viviena View Post
Also, thanks for the thread. I've been meaning to check out Shayne Parkinson's books for a while.
I'm certain you won't regret it if you're a fan of historic fiction. The Promises to Keep trilogy actually reads as one long book, taking place over a period of just over 20 years. I could not stop reading until I finished the third book.

I very nearly went right into reading the sequel to the trilogy, A Second Chance, but managed to control myself, partially because Settling the Account (book #3) ends at a good stopping point. I'm very much looking forward to reading it, though.

The epubs are well formatted, too, or at least I didn't notice any formatting issues, which means it's better than many. (I have a Kindle but I always get the epub from Smashwords and then convert - their mobis still suffer too many problems after coming through the meatgrinder.) And you certainly can't beat the price - the first free, $1.99 each for the others.

As for the single quotes for dialog, I didn't even notice after the first few pages.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote