View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 07:34 AM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinolino View Post
I would too, if only I could read A4 sized pdf page with about 17-18 cm text width + 3-4 cm of empty margins on 16 cm screen width (in landscape mode) of 8" reader, since using reflow mode is not good enough for my needs, too many wrong characters for scientific documents and deranged page layout.

On any 10" reader (20 cm width in landscape) pdf text (font size) will be magnified (if read without margins in landscape mode, two screens per page) whereas on 8" (16 cm width) it will be diminished.

I can still read many of my A4 pdf documents on my 8" Kobo reader, but those are either with about 16-17 cm text width i.e. they are easily legible on 16 cm screen width, or their text width is 18-19 cm + 2-3 cm empty margins, but with two-columns, so, they can still be read relatively easily using two-column mode (four screens per page).
Your 10" Reader is going to do a much better job at PDF then a DX. You device has better software and a better screen. The DX is not all that good at PDF given the low res screen and no way to remove the margins.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote