View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 05:16 AM   #17
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
It seems that KindleGen doesn't support html title pages at all. Each time I convert an ePub that has one, KindleGen displays the the following message:

Info(prcgen):I1052: Kindle support cover images but does not support cover HTML. Hence using the cover image specified and suppressing cover HTML in content.

I usually ignore it, because I rmanually resize my covers to 600 x 800 before I add them to the epub.

Do you get the same message?
Doitsu:

It's trying to tell you to remove the cover.html file from the ePUB prior to putting it through KindleGen/Previewer to create the MOBI file. As the cover.html file is not supported, then, no, there isn't any way to use SVG for the cover. SVG is now supported for other images in the files, certainly for K8. That is why you are getting those error messages. Remove the cover.html file,leave the cover image file, set the metadata to reflect that the cover.jpg file (or cover.png, whatever) is the desired cover image, and your file should make properly.

This is primarily because the cover images submitted in Step 4 at the KDP supplant those in the files uploaded in Step 5. The old "product image" files (now requested at 1563x2500px) now get embedded into the mobi file created by KDP. This was implemented, along with other changes to the workflow, by Amazon, due to so many self-publishers uploading Word files that did not have cover files set correctly--so now Amazon takes it upon themselves to ensure that the cover gets created and embedded in the mobi file.

Does that help?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote