View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #52
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
"Chicken Little" keeps popping into my mind when I read JSWolf's posts for some reason.
Gee I wonder why. (giggles)

Maybe the sky is falling, some of the smaller epub readers are going to be hurt by this. Which is exactly why Amazon is doing this. They know that they are losing perspective Kindle owners who want to use the library. They have probably realized that they are losing enough to make it worth their while to figureo ut how to get Kindle books into the library.

I am sure that there are folks who will still prefer the Nook and the Sony. I know that there are people who strongly prefer a touchscreen and really don't like the keyboard on the Kindle who will still buy those devices. I know that there are folks who want nothing to do with WiFi or 3G connectivity. I know that there are people who prefer the 5 inch screen of the 305 for portability purposes.

The Nook Color should be fine, the color screen and ability to root it and turn it into a less expensive tablet will continue to serve folks.

I think Kobo is sunk in the US. The pricing on it is too high for what it does; especially now that there is a $114 Kindle (yes with ads) that can be used at the library. (Is that the proper use of a semi colan? Please PM me if it is not.)

The Nook Classic is in trouble. Someone is really going to have to want that LCD touchscreen strip to choose a similarly priced Nook Classic over the Kindle.

Sony could be interesting. Sony has a very devoted following. Most of the Sony fans seem to strongly prefer the lack of WiFi/3G and the metal casing and the lack of a keyboard and the touchscreen. But a new user is likely going to find it that much harder to justify paying the prices Sony asks now that library usage is available to all ereaders regardless of format.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote