View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 06:28 PM   #1
uni_m
uni_m began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Questions about nook

I apologize if my questions are obvious but I'm a new nook user (just got one for Christmas!) and there's two questions I have on it.

The first: yesterday I noticed after checking my credit statement online that I had four 1$ pending transactions from B&N... that I never did. I hadn't bought anything; all I'd done was download a few books of sample pages. It did appear sometime after my nook suddenly had two sample stories I didn't download, and two free full books I didn't download either (Pride & Prejudice and Little Women). I'm not sure if that's what I was charged for...? But was wondering why I have four dollars spent that I didn't spend. It's kind of worrying me to be honest. I'm still reeling from Christmas and don't have the money to spend at the moment.

The second: I'd received two gift cards from my family to use for my nook, and at first I hadn't known I was supposed to go to the B&N site and type the number, etc - so I bought a book that I'd planned to use from my gift card but instead my credit card was charged. Now that I've set up my gift card online will it automatically take from that? Or do I have to do something for that to occur? Because it still lists my credit card as a default payment... I don't want to accidentally buy another book on my credit card when I've got gift cards for that.

So... if anyone can help with both questions I'd appreciate it! I'm still trying to figure stuff out on this nook
uni_m is offline   Reply With Quote