View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 05:25 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I made a custom column {#subtitle} : text shown it Tag browser

I manually move (sometimes aided by S&R. But caution is needed because not titles should split on a colon, dash) them (cut and paste), the recompute the title sort (click the button)

I keep the 'short title' in Title and put the subtitle into a Strapline/#strapline custom column. I have Add set up to take the Author and Title from the file name. Prior to importing I separate the Title and Strapline with a '#', and then use Bulk Metadata Edit Search and Replace to move what's after the '#' to the custom column.

My custom column is same type as theducks, Text, column shown in Tag browser, and I hide it in the Tag browser.

My understanding is that the next release of calibre (maybe as soon as today) will have provision for the equivalent of a 'Text, column not shown in Tag Browser' column type. I intend moving my existing Strapline column into one of those - I'll have to figure out how to put the comma separated bits back together again

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote