View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 11:14 PM   #111
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Firmware version 4.6.9960 - rollout stopped

Due to the problems with performance, Kobo have stopped the roll-out of firmware version 4.6.9960. They are looking at the problem. They have not said what their plans are for a replacement release.

The statement to the beta group was:

Quote:
When the (default) Recent sort is selected for the My Books view, that page is slow to load. The time increases with library size.
Similarly, device startup time, and loading the home screen can be slowed down compared to previous releases.
Their suggestions are:
Quote:
1) Select a sort option in My Books other than Recent, to speed up access to that view, or
2) Sync and/or back up side-loaded materials, then factory reset the device in order to get back to 4.5
My comments:
  • I think it will be safe to manually reinstall version 4.5.9587 over this release, but I haven't tried it. When doing this, I recommend taking a full copy of the user partition of the drive. This can be restored if there are any problems. If you do reinstall it, you do so at your own risk.
  • I suspect that it isn't only the Recent sort, but that might be the order that has the most problems.
  • 4.6.9960 is still on the server for manual download, but it will not be sent to any more devices during a sync.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote