View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 12:07 AM   #27
RoyInVegas
RoyInVegas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle_PC / calibre / Digital Editions
"Fine Manual" and Table of Contents

Sorry, but I have a problem with the term "Fine Manual." As in, "Have you read the fine manual?"

1) That it's no longer a printable PDF file makes it more difficult to use. Much easier to have a manual that can be printed, studied, and referred to without flipping back and forth from the actual program to an internet page. Also, it's a pain in the neck to read the online version while having lunch or floating on your back in the pool.

2) Whatever the technical strengths or deficiencies of an online manual, the problem remains that, with the Table Of Contents Editor, there are details of how to use the thing ... but no indication whatsoever as to how to activate it!

I've followed the instructions and have followed the instructions and followed the instructions "You can open the TOC Editor by selecting Tools - TOC Editor." But no matter how many times - over and over and over - I click on "tools," no such option shows.

To say that this is frustrating is one of the understatements of the century.

Is there any solution to this? Or am I to just wallow around aimlessly?

Seriously, I'd love to see an answer.

I'd also love to see the new manual converted into a PDF document, so I can print the thing and read it at leisure. (While eating lunch or floating in the pool. Print - though you may fight it - will continue to have its advantages.)

rh
RoyInVegas is offline   Reply With Quote