View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 01:40 AM   #15
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I didn't even know that. So they're not selling standard ePubs?
There are some differences in Apple's variant of the epub3 specification though they seem to make little difference in the reading experience on non-Apple devices.

There is also Apple's FairPlay DRM issue which makes it a total pain to format shift or use their books on other devices. I don't really want to pay $30 US for software that I am not sure will work and have to set up a virtual Mac to run it in for those who are not Mac owners -- well, I have the virtual Mac so that is not really an issue for me.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote