View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 04:56 AM   #1
Rosen
Rosen will become famous soon enoughRosen will become famous soon enoughRosen will become famous soon enoughRosen will become famous soon enoughRosen will become famous soon enoughRosen will become famous soon enough

Device: Smartphone
Liddell & Scott: An Intermediate Greek-English Lexicon. V1. 23 Feb 2015

This is the so-called "Middle Liddell," a lexicon for Ancient Greek which is very useful for general reading. (It's an abridged version of the overwhelmingly detailed "LSJ".) I am posting it in Stardict and Babylon (BGL) format, for use with programs such as ColorDict, GoldenDict, or Dictionary Universal (iOS). I'm also posting my source file, so that you can compile it into other formats if you wish.

In addition, I include a dictionary of morphological analyses ("Greek Analyses"). This is needed for looking up inflected forms of words; it delivers a headword to be looked up in the main Middle Liddell dictionary.

I use this pair of dictionaries with GoldenDict on my Android phone, in combination with Moon+ Reader. It works great. When I long-press a Greek word (e.g. ἀντικείμενα) in Moon+ Reader, GoldenDict pops up with an entry from the Greek Analyses dictionary (e.g. ἀντίκειμαι: to be set over against : pres ind mp 1st sg). From there I can tap the headword and get a complete definition from Middle Liddell.

(Note: in order to display Greek properly, you may need to set up your GoldenDict with a decent font, as outlined here.)
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Middle Liddell.bgl.zip (2.68 MB, 1491 views)
File Type: zip Greek Analyses.bgl.zip (14.98 MB, 1532 views)
File Type: zip Middle_Liddell_stardict.zip (2.42 MB, 1715 views)
File Type: zip Greek_Analyses_stardict.zip (15.20 MB, 1574 views)
File Type: zip Middle Liddell sourcefile (Babylon).txt.zip (2.24 MB, 1336 views)
File Type: zip greek analyses sourcefile (Babylon).txt.zip (14.66 MB, 1271 views)
Rosen is offline   Reply With Quote