View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 04:51 AM   #547
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snodgrass View Post
If some kind soul could help a computer illiterate person, I'd be most grateful. Really stuck with getting books from an iMac to a Kobo Glo with column information intact. I get as far as 'Expand Divice Interface (etc)'; I've installed 'Kobo Touch Extended, then when I click on 'Customise plugin', I can't find any reference to 'shelf info'.
Kobo renamed "Shelves" to "Collections" two or three years after they released this feature. This thread was started when they were still called "Shelves". But there is a link in the first post to a Wiki page that is a little more up to date.
Quote:
I've tried various combinations, but nothing seems to work.
If it's relevant, I can't seem to connect the two devices by USB; the Kobo says it's connected, but calibre seems ignorant of the fact. I'm using the 'Content Server' thing to move books. (And that's another convoluted tangle of events; the Kobo insists on connecting to Rakusen and forgets all about my settings!
The Kobo firmware does not support talking to any other server than the Kobo servers. You can use the browser to connect to a calibre server and download books that way. But, this makes no use of the KoboTouch driver and hence does nothing with collections. If you want to use calibre for collection management, you must connect the device to a PC running calibre using the USB connection.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote