Thread: Rss2Book
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 07:30 PM   #184
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekraver View Post
I have just finished migrating my server at home from Linux to FreeBSD. I switched from about 12 years of using FreeBSD to (Gentoo) Linux about 4 years ago, and the server worked well, until a couple of months back when I did my 6-monthly system update. Those of you who use web2book have probably found the publish/subscribe feature almost totally unusable in this period. I never managed to figure out why the machine had become so unreliable, and decided to flatten it, and also go back to FreeBSD, as I have many years experience with the latter and think it will cause me less work. I'd be interested to hear if people find the server more reliable now (if not then I have router trouble I guess).
FreeBSD is a kickass OS. We're running Feedbooks on FreeBSD+Lighttpd. Better and faster than the Linux+Apache combo.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote