View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 05:29 AM   #9
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Ha! Before I scrolled down, I thought "Ooh! I'll rec Shards of Honour/Barrayar (Cordelia's Honour)! So there it is. I'll also rec:
* Code Name Verity (historical - WWII - but the core is an amazing friendship between two young women)
* Mary Robinette Kowal's Glamourist Histories series (Is this still technically historical romance? Oh well)
* Fairytales for Wilde Girls (fairytalish/gothic/some romance)
* Dark Horse (thriller)
* The Midnight Dress (just beautiful. Queensland temperate rainforest setting, a touch fairytalish but contemporary/realistic for the most part)
* Rebecca if you haven't read it yet but you probably have
* Paper Chains (contemporary "women's fiction", I suppose, a great read)
* The Book of Rachael (historical, but not a romance). In a similar vein, The Red Tent
* Year of Wonders (see Rebecca)
* Graceling/Fire/Bitterblue (fantasy, romantic elements)
* Sea Hearts aka The Brides of Rollrock Island (if you only get one book as well as Cordelia's Honour, this should be the one)
* Persepolis, Fun Home, and Blankets (graphic novels)
* Wings of Fear aka Border Watch/Shattered Sky/Burning Lies (romantic suspense)

Enjoy!
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote