View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Univ of Chicago freebie:

Crossing: A Memoir
DEIRDRE N. MCCLOSKEY

Quote:
“When I received Crossing, I wondered why the editors had not designated it for review by someone gay, or someone involved in the transgendered community. Reading it, I realized that I—a lifelong heterosexual woman—need this book. All of us need to consider the way our culture shapes gender expectations and makes unspoken but profoundly rigid gender assignments based on physical appearance, apparel, gait, gestures, voice and so on.… This is a woman worth knowing. She has given us a highly readable, dramatic account of her crossing.”—Maxine Kumin, The New York Times Book Review
http://www.press.uchicago.edu/books/freeEbook.html