View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookn00b View Post
If I have a XML1.1 document and I have a paragraph that is centered with <p align="center"> this gets flagged by FlightCrew, however if the XML is 1.0 it does not get flagged, I understand why it gets flagged in XML 1.1 (certain hmtl tags are being phased out) but my question is does it really matter if I use <p align="center>? Whether I use that or a CSS class to center the section it is centered either way.
According to the specification:

Quote:
"Any construct deprecated in XHTML 1.1 is either deprecated or omitted from this specification ..."
which suggests to me that readers are freely allowed to ignore align="center". It probably won't break any readers if you include it (as long as the file passes validation), but you should not count on readers actually supporting it. Try doing a mass search-and-replace, changing align="center" to class="center". Then define a CSS style:

Code:
.center {
    text-align: center;
}
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote