View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #18
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjantailor View Post
I think this is the fundimental question of writing.

I like writing what I like. And I am sure that in the 6 billiion people on Earth some them will like it. However, I am in a continous fight with the people in the writing group I was part of because they want books and story with the Standard Narative of a Novel. That is not what I want. I want to push in those places that society needs a push. Yes, that means a character may not be sympythetic but may be doing the right thing. That may mean that the law is not right or that money is not the hightest ideal. But going against the grain aint so easy, especially today.

Have fun, Jan
And there is the possibility of an Anti-Hero being the protagonist that we cheer for certainly. You see it in some movies too, like the Death Wish films. Paul Kersey goes out and shoots muggers, which isn't something you usually see the hero do, but he's searching for those who hurt his family and fighting back against a system that lets muggers go free and so we cheer for his efforts despite the fact that he isn't the typical hero. Anyway the villain always seems to get to have more fun doesn't he. He can do anything he pleases while the hero has to work within some sort of moral/legal context usually.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote