View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post

Action, adventure, heroism, betrayal, chivalry & romance. Robin Hood, Templars, Friar Tuck and Richard the Lion Heart, what's not to like?

This is what I enjoyed about the book.

Quote:
I enjoyed the book. I can definately see the language & structure not being to everyone's liking, I know a friend of mine gave up reading it a while back because of what he called dated writing. ...
I did initially get hung up on the style, and almost didn't finish the book (I thought it started way to slow). But I'm glad I finished it, and enjoyed the book overall.

I was expecting white knights, pretty damsels, and clean-cut heroes. For such a dated book, I was surprised at some of the grit.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote