View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #12
grvthang
Connoisseur
grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle Fire, Droid Incredible2, Kindle Touch
Got my replacement Fire today. Looks like a brand new one, rather than a refurb. Wow - a big difference! The micro usb port makes a very tight connection without any play when I plug the charger in. I'm not sure whether the older one felt this tight when I first got it - it may have gotten progressively loser without my noticing it.

Comparing the two usb ports closely (on the old KF and the new one), the older one is recessed at least 1/32" deeper into the case than the new one. The old one doesn't feel loose, but there's significant 'play' in the plug when I plug a male connection into it.

Amazon is giving me 30 days to return the old one, which gives me plenty of time to set the new one up.
grvthang is offline   Reply With Quote