View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 12:14 AM   #48
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
So bottom line, will there be a 300dpi gray scale screen or not?

Btw, I don't understand why current eink devices would do antialias when the pixel structure isn't visible.
There already is a 300 ppi gray scale screen - check out the "Mona Lisa Reader" in the video in beginning of this thread. If an actual eReader goes past prototype and into mass production remains to be seen.

As for the pixel structure, I can see that with my bare eyes on my 6" Pearl Odyssey screen at 167 ppi. On my 200 ppi PRS-300 I almost cannot. That is of course at a very close distance unsuitable for reading. If you have uniform black or white areas on the screen you won't be able to see gaps in between individual pixels with your bare eye. I am not even sure you would see distinguishable gaps if you use some magnifyer that allows you to see individual ink particles. One pixel of eInk consists of many particles.

Now the color version (Triton) is a different story altogether, as that example of Jetbook that is shown only has about 100 ppi for color pixels. That should be noticeable by a lot more people.

Edit: plus what Dulin's Books said. Your computer monitor would be useless w/o you graphics card.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 01-21-2012 at 12:17 AM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote