View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I Chickened Out!!!

I decided to bail on you folks. I canceled my Fire order while it was in the Shipping Soon phase (surprised that option was available).

I really need to know what the reading app looks like, and it bothers me that it wasn't shown in the demonstration at the press event. I'm thinking it's basically the Kindle Android App which is totally lackluster with little formatting options. I don't care about collections/tags on this device. B&N's Android app and NOOKcolor/tablet stock reader app are very good. Really surprised Amazon hasn't done more in this area, but hey, maybe they did!

I also need to know if you can download movie rentals.

So, if it's just the Amazon Android app and strictly streaming of videos, I can do that already on my Sony Tablet. I'm really anxious to see hands-on video of the reading app. I know I can use other reading apps on the Fire, and I plan to (if I buy). But I'm buying this device because of the Amazon ecosystem.

I still have the Touch on order. Anxious for that as well!

Last edited by SCION; 11-12-2011 at 01:50 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote