View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 06:36 AM   #4
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaminanteS View Post
- You can press next-page button and continuosly turns the page. It is quite fast
It's a double edged sword though... press the button slightly too long and it will switch more than one page without you meaning to. Also you could always use the go to page feature or table of contents if you wanted to navigate elsewhere quickly.

Quote:
- You can set the auto-off feature to 3 days or 1 week (last version was 24hours max).
I set mine to 24 hours, the only reason why I do so is because if it turns off, it forgets the font size in the old firmware. Otherwise I'd probably be fine with it turning off after 3 hours.

Quote:
- You can search books by name (only in the current directory, not in subdirectories)
That's not a new feature. The book search is already there in the old firmware and it works just the same way (only in the current directory).

Quote:
- Max font size is bigger
That's great for people with bad eyes, however there are still only 8 font sizes in total. This means that people who want a "normal" font size now have fewer options to select from than before.

Quote:
In general, I am quite satisfied with the update.
At least it is getting updates at all. That's a good thing in any case. I hope that support for the basic version won't be dropped anytime soon - the wifi version is going to be available in Germany in three weeks (starting 9th Nov), so the basic version without wifi will most likely become more or less an endangered species over here.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote