View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #14
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

I personally don't think the actual metakeys matter. I think the whole difference is in the size of section 0. Section 0 in the Kindlegen version is 8668 bytes whereas in the calibre version is 560 bytes.

With the extra space (over 8K worth of it - and if you look it is all nulls after the title info), a single pass program could rewrite the entire set of metadata any way it wanted while not changing any of the other sections of the container file.

So it would be interesting to modify Calibre code to produce a 8668 byte size section 0 (full of nulls after the last title info) thereby leaving room for the entire metadata section to be overwritten when uploaded.

Then someone could try to upload that generated .mobi to see if that fixes the issues at Amazon's end. I am betting it would.

My 2 cents ...
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote