View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
jesscat
Groupie
jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad mini, iPad 2, Kindle 3
Interaction between device and Calibre book lists (e.g. Kindle collections)

I've searched for an answer to this particular question but haven't been able to find one.

When my Kindle is connected, I would like to be able to figure out a way to see - not manage or manipulate, but just see(so I'm not interested in the new plugin) - my existing Kindle collections in my Calibre book list. The Device book list has a column for collections, showing the collection to which a book belongs, if any; ideally, I'd love to have a similar column in the Calibre book list.

Is there a way to do this with custom columns? I.e., is there a way to create a custom column in the Calibre book list that refers to/works off a column in the Device book list? (so I guess it this column would be blank or even disappear when there's no device connected, just like the "On device" checklist column).

If not, more generically, is there a way to search, or select, from within the Calibre book list to accomplish the same thing (when the device is connected of course) - search terms referring to columns in the Device book list? Or a way to select or restrict to a group of books in the Device book list and then somehow "mirror" the search results/selection/restriction so the same group of books is selected in the Calibre book list? Any way at all to link/mirror searches between the two?

THere must be other situations in which this could be useful, especially in reverse, perhaps where you might want to do a search in the Calibre book list based on Calibre metadata and then capture those search results in the Device book list...
jesscat is offline   Reply With Quote