View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 12:02 PM   #32
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I just tried Michelangelo 2.0 on a file in Word that had really messed up line ends. It didn't even get it right as far as ending at the end of a sentence. To be honest, it doesn't do a good enough job to warrant the fee. All it does is set the page size in Word to one for the Reader, and attempt to join badly formed line endings. As for the line endings, there is no way it knows where to fix things properly. I have hard returns now in the middle of sentences. There are also buttons for increasing and reducing the font size.

All this is is an add-in to Word to try to fix bad line endings, set the page size, and increase or decrease the font size. It does nothing you cannot do by hand and better at that. Maybe it is OK if the lines are not too messed up. But if they are rather messed up, this won't do it. I just clicked the button to increase the font size and either I've just locked up Word or this is really slow. All in all, do it by hand.
How well/badly does pdf2lrf's automatic line end detection do on a really messed up PDF?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote