Thread: Glo 2.4.0 bugs
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #169
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Lots to unpack there:

- I mean books I've bought maybe a day or two earlier, but haven't downloaded through the wifi sync process. In this specific case, I downloaded the books to my PC (so I could fine-tune the cover XHTML and the titles) and USB-copied 'em to the device, then wifi-synced so I could move the Kepubs from "bookmarked" to "purchased" in my cloud library.
I'm not sure what you are doing here. Are you using the Kobo desktop app to download and sync to the device? Or are you downloading the epubs and sideloading them? Followed by a WiFi sync after disconnecting the device.

And how are you moving from "bookmarked" (do you mean "I'm Reading"?) to "purchased" in the cloud library? From what I have seen, everything you buy is in "purchased" and everything on a device is in "I'm Reading". Deleting from "I'm Reading" put the book in the "Trash" and removes the book from the device at the next sync. In any case, that is what just happened with a test here.
Quote:
- The home screen carousel didn't change at all, nor did the top of the Recent Reads sequence. Perhaps this is an artifact of the Kepubs' purchase timestamp being earlier than the USB transfer time or the OS timestamp.
The sorting is a combination of "Date Last Read" and "Sync Time". If the book hasn't been opened, which means the "Date Last Read" is null, it uses "Sync Time". And from what I can see, "Sync Time" is when the book hit the device. I have a little trouble proving the latter as I tend to sync shortly after buying a book. So the two times are fairly close. But, I have never had a newly purchased and downloaded kepub not turn up on the home screen.
Quote:
- Either way, the result was not what I expected to see; I expected that the newest content loaded onto the device (in this case, the wifi downloads) would appear on the home carousel and at the top of Recent Reads. I did not expect purchase time to make a difference; when I first set up the Glo and did my first wifi sync on that device, Recent Reads paid no attention to purchase date or the last-read date.
The Recent Reads has always paid attention to the last-read date. Also, Recent Reads is not the same as what is on the home page. The Recent Reads includes finished book, but the home page doesn't. There is a way to get the library list to display the home page list. A search of the forum will find it.

One thing that I believe has changed with the home page and kepubs, is what happens if you are reading a kepub and sync more kepubs. I believe this will leave the current kepub as the top of the mosaic. I know this has been reported, but I don't think I have seen it. I don't tend to read the kepub version of books I buy from Kobo. I'll have to remember to try this the next time I buy a book from Kobo.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote