View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 04:06 PM   #45
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Consistancy!
If you use id's, then use them all places.
I know I when my REGEX fails to find some headings, only to discover some have a different orginazation: IN THE SAME BOOK.

And since some folk like to 'Max out' file size before splitting: some will have many chapters, not just one
The issue is that Generate TOC creates ids for headings that it needs. It does not current generate ids for headings that are excluded from the TOC (like it used to before 0.6.x). Since Generate TOC only links to the filename for the heading at the top of a file, it does not use an id for that heading. So it should not create an id that it doesn't need to use. So I've modified the code to stop creating the unnecessary ids. We did try linking to just the id instead of the filename for the heading at the top, but that didn't go well as it broke some situations.

Of course, if you add ids to any headings manually, then they'll still be there. And now if you want to link directly to the ids, you can just use the new Edit TOC function.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote