View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 05:13 AM   #2
Iskariot
Zealot
Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950 Daily Edition, Kobo Aura HD
At the moment I am looking into the Firefly myself.

There is very little info on this reader at the moment, as far as reviews are concerned.
But as far as the specs go the Firefly seems a dream come through.
From what I gather about the Onyx brand in general their readers appear to be quite good.

It can read ePUB, Mobi, doc(x), comic formats, and much much more, even djvu. Its incredible.
It also features text to speech.
I believe I read somewhere the screen is glass, but I am not sure.
I also read their software features a very good bookmarking and annotation system on par with that of Sony.

The specialized dealer I bought my Sony reader from is very enthusiastic about the quality of the Onyx readers and I take his word on it.

All in all I get the feeling that Onyx is trying to create the e-reader that rules them all.
I think they might just have succeeded.

I will wait for the first reviews to come in and then I will decide between this reader and Kobo Glo.

Last edited by Iskariot; 10-12-2012 at 06:03 AM.
Iskariot is offline   Reply With Quote