View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 04:41 AM   #9
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
"The glossy white accentuates the darkness of the eInk screen, making it appear "muddy" when compared to a DXG screen."
Very nice way of noting and formulating it!

"In any but the brightest lighting, ghosting is extremely visible and annoying."
I presume there is a setting in the jetbook to change page refresh rates to reduce ghosting?

"When a book contains images, photos, etc. there is apparently no capability (yet) for switching to landscape view, for for magnifying or zooming in & out of the image. "
One of the updates I'm expecting in the newer firmwares!

The kindle DX for me would have been the best if it only had an SD card reader; more format support (natively, not after converting the files), and if it got rid of it's ugly ass keyboard!

Someone got to bring a B&W e-ink reader on the market with a driver that will allow for color.
It should be very simple to paste a layer of RGB pattern foil over the e-ink screen.
With the right driver and calibration software you could convert any B&W ebook reader into a color one,using an RGBW color filter!

But that aside, I would prefer B&W only because it's cheaper;MUCH cheaper priced, while color only adds a few dollars on manufacturing and software programming.

If they only had a slick looking device like the Jetbook color in B&W for $250-300!
That'd be the Pocketbook pro or Onyx, but without the FW issues!

Last edited by ProDigit; 02-22-2012 at 04:50 AM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote