View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #12
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latch View Post
You realize that Kobo isn't in the business of selling ereaders; it's in the business of selling books. The KT is just the vehicle you use to purchase and consume their product. I would guess that the margin on the KT is very low, and they are hoping you will purchase some books from them. When you look at it from that perspective, some of their design decisions make more sense.

Amazon is the poster child for this business model... Know what? I can buy a kindle, sideload the latest firmware update, throw on my collectoin of mobi's and I'm up and running with no fuss whatsoever.

Kobo's management direction has turned into the squeegee guy at the stop lights.
rashkae is online now   Reply With Quote