View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
I found an app by "Root Uninstaller Team" and followed a link to their website where they give hints to extend battery life.

1. Go to Settings->About Device-> Battery Use
This shows the major battery using apps. I was surprised at an app which I never use was running continuously! Uninstalled it.
2. Turn off haptic (vibrate) feedback. I then also turned off sounds, as they annoy me. I didn't realize that the vibrate used alot of battery.
---they have lots more, basically about 3G, BT, wireless use and info for phone users that really didn't apply to my device/use.

Also in Settings->Accounts and Sync, I turned off "Background Data" so that apps don't continuously sync in the background. It has to be turned back on for some apps to work again.

I bought (all of $2.98) the Better BatteryStats app and also got the Battery Stats app to see which I prefer. I also picked up (free) a RAM Booster app, also by "Root Uninstaller Team" that is highly rated and that I hope will optimize my (only) 512MB of memory in the SGP5.

So, the net is that I deleted 1 app and added 3 more! Typical.

Last edited by rgeorg; 03-08-2013 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Insert link
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote