View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 01:13 AM   #2
Morpheus Phreak
Wielder of Hammers
Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Kindle Fire
Answers are in-line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthreader13 View Post
Hello everybody, I have owned a Kindle for about a year and love it. I have been looking at the new Kindle Fire and it really looks great, but I always have some reservation on buying something without know more about it. So, here are some questions that I hope some of you can help me with.

Is reading with a back lit screen hard on the eyes? Unlike the comfort of the e-ink screen? That is dependent on if the person tends to be sensitive to backlit screen technology. I do not experience headaches or noticeable eye-strain with the Fire, or with most other screens.

Does the Kindle Fire have text to speech? TTS is not yet enabled, and there is no firm commitment to enable it as far as I'm aware. Anyone else please correct me if there's newer information available.

Are there free apps and games like on android phones? Yes, Amazon has a free app of the day, and often puts items on very low-priced sales. Lately there's been a lot of $0.10 items.

I will be able to put all my current Kindle books on the Fire? Most if not all your Kindle books should work on it.

Can I download movies that I already have on it? The Fire has limited format support for video. If you are referring to items purchased via Amazon, then yes those should be available to download & view on the Fire.

Can I download audiobooks that I already have to the Fire? You can if they are in the right audio format, and it's even easier if they are from Audible as you can use the Fire as an AudibleReady device

These are some questions of the top of my head, any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you!
Morpheus Phreak is offline   Reply With Quote