View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 04:11 PM   #9
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakIris View Post
I will have to check this program out - thank you for the link. I read the overview and I'm probably missing something here, but it doesn't seem to say anything about converting an ePub file to a .mobi file, just talks about creating your own eBook, or creating an eBook from a word, HTML or PDF file....?

Holly
with mobipocket creator the input formats it recognizes are HTML, .doc, .txt and PDF (if i recall correctly) so no epub is not among them.
i don't use/read epub. even when i try to convert an epub file i don't normally convert directly from epub to mobi/prc since most often than not there are formatting errors. and i'm really peculiar about how the text __looks__ when i read.

PS: if we're talking what format you should choose when you buy a book (and you get the choice), for mobi file building i would say HTML. if it's well formatted just run it through calibre or mobipocket creator and bob's your uncle

Last edited by TenaciousBadger; 10-07-2010 at 04:15 PM.
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote