View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 10:23 AM   #489
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachette View Post
Sorry I have been away for work and just now getting back to this topic.

I will try to install the 64bit version and see what transpires from that. I find it odd that only now has it begun to have this issue as I have converted other large page count manga epub in the past without issue.
There are lots of reasons for this. It could be an unusually constructed book. It could be a change in calibre is using more resources. Or something else on the PC is using the resources and blocking it.
Quote:
I do not know how the original epub has set it, but it does have 385 pages, it looks like it counts each page as its own chapter.... each page should have one image for the entire page.

The only reason for the need to convert is that with the epub source file, if I import it directly to the kobo, the pages seemed "zoomed in" and it cuts off about 10% from the bottom and right side of the page, early on, I discovered that converting them to kepub solved the issue. (and prally a topic for a new thread.)
The way that the epub renderer will display a full screen image is different than an epub. It also depends on how the image is put on the page. A simple img tag is treated differently than using an SVG wrapper.
Quote:
I have Kobo Touch Extended Driver is that the same as KoboExtendedDriver you mentioned? And if so, how would I make calibre use it in lieu of kepub output plugin?
I have no idea why I missed "Touch" before, but, yes the Kobo Touch extended driver.

The extended driver works when you send a book to the device. It doesn't run the full calibre conversion pipeline. It processes the epub and adds the spans needed to the book and sends that copy to the device. And it doesn't add the kepub to the library. When sending a single book, it probably uses less resources than when converting a book. But, the part that adds the spans is exactly the same code, so it might still fail.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote