View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 02:01 AM   #6
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The only time I tried grabbing stuff from Contents and Devices, I copied and pasted into a text file open in Notepad++. I then removed any string of spaces longer than 1, converted the CR/LF pairs into tabs and then replaced the tab-0-tab triplet with a CR/LF. I used tabs to avoid issues from the ,'s embedded into many titles, etc.

I then opened Excel, and used Get Data to import a tab delimited text file. I then deleted the READs, dates, etc and ended up with a 2 column spreadsheet with title and author.
Wow, that's definitely beyond my level of expertise. I got it the way I wanted it, just probably not the most efficient way.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote