Thread: Amazon Sucks
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #14
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I just don't know what else anybody here can tell you. When you turned it on it had to obvious that it was showing the demo screens. That is not a "Kindle DX" it's a demo player. Maybe fake isn't the exact right word, but it sure as heck isn't a Kindle DX. Did you ask him "Hey, where did you get your hands on a demo unit?" Did you ask the seller "Give me a serial number and let me make sure I can register this?" Because nobody should ever buy a used Kindle product without asking those questions.

Unfortunately you got burned. I'm really sorry to hear about it because I don't like to hear stories of anybody being scammed. That doesn't mean Amazon is obligated to rescue however.

You strongly feel Amazon should replace it or fix it. Amazon disagrees with you. I disagree with you. We're probably not going to change your mind though.