View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 10:38 AM   #26
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
As it looks like metadata plugins can't mess with custom columns, and implementing that as a GUI feature will take a while, I have decided to release version 1.2 now with series and ISBN support.

I chose to add only the id for ISBN for now, as additional IDs will require more research. IDs imported from wkidata should:
* only have one ID of that type per book preferably (if it has more, explain why all of them should be imported, or explain how to pick one of them)
* The label for the ID needs to match or at least not conflict with IDs used by other metadata plugins
* If it uses the same ID label as another plugin, the ID format must match that plugin exactly
* If we support saving the ID, it would be nice to also be able to search by that ID

Other possible future additions to this plugin would be:
* improved searching (especially by ISBN -- I need samples to test)
* better handling of books that have multiple editions in wikidata (i.e., check parent entity for more metadata, check sub-editions for earlier publication dates)
* importing more metadata as tags (or save this for the fancier GUI version of this plugin)

I'll start working on a GUI version during the next 3 weeks. The first version of that will be dedicated to importing metadata into custom columns.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote