View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 07:41 AM   #17
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Are you sure of that?
I'm sure I can make it work. I'm not sure I can make it work without modifying calibre.

At the very least, it appears that the metadata GUI supports adding fields, I tested that much. I didn't test if I can get the field into the book. I may have to dig for that and add a line of code or two somewhere.

Quote:
This has been asked about plenty of times here with a strict "can't do it" as the response.
Let me know where, so that when I fix it, I can let them know. :-P

Quote:
I have to admit I'm most curious about how you plan to handle all the identifiers.
This I have tested. It shouldn't be too hard. I just don't want to supoprt every single identifier in existence.

For translating from identifier to url, I had imagined making a dictionary of identifiers with a template to create the URL. This could even be fully automated, pulling the template itself from wikidata.

Going from URL to identifier is a two part job.

When pulling from wikidata, we already know which template it will match, so extracting the ID is easy. I might not be able to automate that, but manually making a regex for it is trivial.

The second half would be translating a generic URL to an identifier.
I hadn't planned on doing that at all, but...

Quote:
The latter statement reminds me to recommend adding the method "id_from_url". But, I just looked at the code and you have it commented out with a "What?" type comment. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=311978 for how it is used.
Thanks a lot for that! I was wondering where that function was used. I'll test that as soon as I can.

If I understand correctly, this function is used to translate the URI when importing the book independently from downloading metadata with the plugin.

I'll certainly translate a few URI's automatically, but it might be tricky to get them all without just iterating over the list of all templates, which might or might not be a performance problem. If it's not, I should be able to do them all easily as long as I can make good regex's to match the URIs.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote