View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 07:19 AM   #13
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Britomart -

If the book is still to large for my taste, I open it by right-clicking on the title list and opening "edit book". I scroll through the various text files, looking especially at early and late chapters to see what kind of stuff - the book's back cover, other book covers, ads - is hiding there. Then I open all the image files too see what I've got there. I leave in illustrations and maps, obviously, but I mostly remove ads for other books that I find at the end, if they are in pictures anyway. I don't mind reading about the author's other books, but a description is enough, no cover image needed.

I do this with every single book/story before I put it on any of my readers. I also get rid of title page, TOC page, copyright page. No extras, I just keep the book!