View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 09:20 PM   #305
steph_g
Book Lover
steph_g doesn't littersteph_g doesn't litter

Device: iPad, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinifan View Post
I might be a complete moron, but are there step by step instructions for the wireless download of an Overdrive library book to my iPod touch without going through ADE?
To summarize the info in this thread regarding downloading library books directly to your ipad, iphone, ipod, etc.-

You will need iCab browser which does cost money (but not much). I'm assuming you already have Bluefire Reader and that you have authorized it with your Adobe ID and that you already have an Overdrive library account somewhere. Use iCab to navigate to your library's Overdrive web site, select a book to checkout, and go through the normal checkout process. When you get to the download page, touch the download button and hold for a bit until a window pops up with some choices. Choose to "download file" and the download should start. Then open the download window in icab (arrow pointing down icon) and find the file you just downloaded. Touch it and hold until a window pops up that should say "Open in Bluefire Reader", touch that, and you should be taken automatically to BF reader and the book will download and open in that. I hope that helps! There may be other browsers that will also do this, but I know it works in iCab.

Last edited by steph_g; 11-30-2010 at 09:39 PM.
steph_g is offline   Reply With Quote