View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
This article in the Independent is a nice primer on the R&D into creating a world of wireless power delivery.

On one hand, the attraction to a "cordless" world is a strong one. People who use a lot of gadgets and appliances are sick of the rat's nests of cords they have to deal with, and the perceived risk to safety of all those wires strewn about.

On the other hand, we live in an era where people are nervous about living too close to high-voltage transmission and radio towers, because of the electro-magnetic fields they produce. (I had a friend who lived 2 blocks from a radio tower, and if you opened his oven door--on or off--you could clearly hear the signal from the station...)

So, when you tell people they can look forward to having EM coils in their walls and ceilings, constantly sending out EM fields powerful enough to charge their devices and run their appliances from a distance...

I'm interested to hear everyone's opinion on this, pro and con. The floor is open.

I am not stepping in that hole! (in the floor)

Personally, I'm not in favor of wireless charging. I think we get enough energy floating though the air as it is. Of course, if you want to hook an inductive coil to your electric car and park under a 35 KV power line.....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote